Creating the Capacity for Thriving in a Virtual World
Let’s face it: Virtual teams face more obstacles than people who work face-to-face, especially when it comes to tackling tough issues. They have fewer opportunities to connect, no visual cues to validate understanding or assess agreement, and many times haven’t cultivated enough trust to be open and direct.
Virtual meetings are also tough to get right, especially when people assume that virtual meetings aren’t that different from face-to-face meetings. Since virtual meetings must be brief and focused to sustain attention, agendas have to be carefully calibrated, the right tools chosen for needed interaction, ground rules religiously enforced, and prework taken very seriously.
Whether you need help jumpstarting or restarting a virtual team, learning how to plan and run successful virtual meetings, or navigating cross-cultural differences, Guided Insights can help.
Here are a few of our most popular services. Please contact us to find out how we can help.
- Essential Skills for Leading High-Performing Virtual Teams and Exceptional Virtual Meetings - a day-long, on-site workshop plus virtual classroom session
- Bridging the Distance Virtual Classroom Series - customizable sessions to help strengthen virtual teams, improve quality of virtual meetings
- Guidance and Coaching for Successful Remote Team Building - consulting services
- Planning and Running Effective Team Meetings - consulting services
- Planning and running exceptional virtual meetings - downloadable tips booklet
Learn more about:
- Leading Remote Teams: Influencing without Authority -ezine article
- Global Virtual Teams – Essential Operating Principles - ezine article
- Cultivating Trust Among Virtual Teams - ezine article